Sunday 5 April 2020

My Soul-Sister

Dearest Jude,

I am gifting you this letter because I want you to truly understand you mean the world to me.

Please read these honest, heartfelt words as many times as you need, until they carve themselves like stone deep within your core.

Meeting Anthony was one of my most significant life events. Not only did I find my husband, but I gained you as my sister-in-law.

Growing up, each along side brothers, we yearned the company of a sister. We became related through marriage, but more relevantly, we became soul-sisters, supporting and cherishing each other through thick and thin over the past twenty years.

We've shared endless belly laughs until it hurt to breathe. We've shed painful tears when hope was compromised, and we've kept hilarious, embarrassing secrets we promised we'd take to our graves.

The flames of mutual love, trust and respect we carry are unique and precious.

Jude, I adore you.

Watching you painfully struggle these last six years as your health declined, has been tremendously heartbreaking.

I've felt and continue to feel so powerless ... useless.

I vow I will be your comforting, physical and emotional brace until your last breath is drawn.

You are not, nor will you be, alone.

I will hold your petite hand, wash your beautiful face and stroke your stunning hair as I walk down memory lane with you, proudly reliving all your amazing legacies, which you mostly, humbly swept under the carpet.

This will take a long while ...

You have touched all those who have crossed your path with love,  integrity, compassion and wit.

But your glowing, emanating smile has melted even the reserved or apathetic passerby.

Jude, I swear, if my love for you could save you, you would live forever.

I'm so humbled to call myself your sister-in-law, although our connection transcends all space and time and cannot be labelled by mere mortal words.

Thank you for being you.

Thank you for choosing me.

I love you ...❤️


In honour of Judy Hullick

18th March, 1966 - 27th November 2019


No comments:

Post a Comment