Thursday 25 February 2016

I Quit Standing In My Own Way.....

I quit worrying over events that haven't even happened yet and most probably never will! I can create endless anxiety and emotional turmoil for myself by imagining various different negative scenarios that may happen – or not. What a waste of time and energy!

I quit trying to control my surrounding environment and loved ones. I can't help it if I'm late for an appointment because I am stuck in traffic. I can't help it if my husband comes home grumpy because he has had a bad day. I can't control my cat coming into contact with a snake on our farm. These situations can cause negative responses, however it's out of my control!

I quit fearing the unknown, or failure or success etc. Why should I let myself be my own worst enemy? I will not let fear stand in my way any longer. It is debilitating and detrimental and the obstacle that I have in the past allowed to cloud me of amazing opportunities.

From now on I will take this short life by the horns and with confidence and trust in myself, will not only look each new opportunity in the eye, but I will actively seek them out. I will stand tall and walk forward fearlessly and I will endeavor to be the best person I can be at any given moment. Some moments may vary, however as long as I am doing my best, that is all that matters. Then I will let go and have faith that life will meet me half way with inspiring and wonderful possibilities. I will also teach myself to stay in the moment instead of projecting into the future and missing the here and now. My beautiful animals role model this lesson to me every day.

I have realised my life is created by my thoughts. In order to have a 'good' life, I need to keep my thoughts positive. Yes, this may be challenging at times, however it can be managed with practice. I will give my all to succeed at this amazing adventure called life, as it is over in a blink of an eye, and I don't want to waste a single second by standing in my own way. 

I quit fear.....and I will do my utmost to remind myself of this each new day I awake.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment