Monday 17 August 2015

Finally....

Well, I'm finally jumping in!

I have wanted to start a blog for so very long and have always seemed to 'conveniently' find tasks that took priority and needed my urgent attention. Maybe I have been subconsciously putting this project on hold fearing no one would want to read what I had to say. I was also a little concerned that I may not be able to commit 100% (which I would hate to have happen), or thinking there were already so many blogs available to read, or worse still, doubting my own truths occasionally.
However, no more ifs and buts! My gut feeling is telling me to not waste another single moment, plus the idea of a blog makes my heart sing, which is such an amazing feeling. So after many months of contemplation, I'm finally taking the plunge...

I call myself  'The Stumbling Spiritualist' because that is exactly who I am. After countless, amazing, personal experiences in my life of a spiritual nature (which I would love to tell you about in future), and having read many esoteric books over the years, where each author seemed to portray exact or similar concepts, except in his/her own words, and having spoken with many spiritualists, I declared myself a spiritualist too. I cherish my personal proof and am in awe every day of the subtle (although sometimes sledge hammer style) messages I receive from Spirit.

So, when I say 'stumbling', I mean for example, I know in my heart love and insightful wisdom are what's most important in life, as this is all we take with us when we return 'home'. While I keep this knowing in the forefront of my mind on a daily basis, this thought occasionally tends to burst like a bubble into thin air when I am dealing with my dysfunctional family! Or have you heard the enlightened statement, 'Life is only an illusion'? Well, that seems to drain from my being as well when I have prepared a beautiful dinner and my husband, who promised to be home by a certain time, is two hours late. Or I know and value my body as my temple and I try so hard to nurture it with nourishing and healing food and exercise, but I sway off the healthy path (a lot actually) because I LOVE the taste of chocolate and how its instant gratification hugs my whole being.

I'm exaggerating a tad, however I'm sure you understand where I'm coming from. I stumble through life while attempting to be the best person I can be at any given moment. Sometimes my 'best bar' is raised higher than other times, however as long as I am doing my best, that is all that matters. And let's face it - we are human and humans aren't perfect. This lesson took me a long while to learn!

There are a number of reasons why I want to write this blog. Firstly, I love writing. It entices my creative juices (which I didn't realise I had), and it's such an enjoyable and productive interest.
However, my delight lies in the content I wish to share with you. My passion is to assist people to realise their full potential (mind included) and after having spent my professional working life in positions of Division 2 nursing, welfare/social work, I have seen many people struggle - mainly with themselves. More often than not, we are our own worst enemies and 'fear' is the underlying monster of most problematic issues, once the layers are peeled back.

Please know, I am not at all pretending I have all of life's answers, but I do feel I may be able to offer you some different perspectives around issues (through personal, professional and spiritual experience), which you may find helpful. Food for thought to say the least. I'm hoping you will be able to relate to my blog and take something constructive, positive and reassuring away with you......oh, and please keep an open mind.

Life is meant to be wonderful, inspiring and filled with joy. This is our purpose!

I am a humble, middle aged, happily (most of the time :) ) married fellow student of this wonderful, frustrating, confusing, sad, challenging and amazing journey we call life.....and we are as special as each other.

Thank you for stopping by.

Yours truly,

The Stumbling Spiritualist xo



1 comment:

  1. To my Beautiful Friend Milly,, a truly pure soul.
    Your such an inspiration to me and everyone you touch with your presense. Your aura is radiant and even when you speak you can feel your warm glowing smile.
    You have helped me find my spirituality, you challenge me and you inspire me with so much that you talk about.
    Your innocence yet realistic positive outlook on life good and bad, non judgemental nature, sensativity makes you passionate about what you write. I enjoy reading all that you communicate because its so real and I easily relate it to my life too.
    I may be bias that might be so but the truth is your a wonderful lady, and my friend and Im so proud of your gutsy attitude. Your finally doing it Mills. Your writing!
    Your writing is from your heart and will affect others. People will follow you.
    You are totally awesome
    Love Shell 🔯🌹 xxx

    ReplyDelete