Thursday 25 August 2016

Is Worrying Really Justifiable?

I write these words while my beautiful sister-in-law is under-going major twelve hour surgery, and I'm waiting with bated breath to hear of any news, trying to keep grounded and not get ahead of myself, as best I can. Easier said than done!

Jude is a middle-aged, lovely, warm soul with a heart bigger than Texas. Not only that, she leads the healthiest lifestyle of all the family, yet is the one courageously having to tackle serious health issues. This again forces me to pose the question I have pondered over all my life!

Why is it some (unlikely) people are confronted with such devastating, often simultaneous, numerous occurrences, while others seem to breeze through their 'colorful' journey, ducking and weaving, spared of overwhelming grief and trauma? I guess I'm speaking of the uncontrollable challenges, such as having a life threatening diagnoses thrown our way or experiencing a major car accident with infinite health consequences or fatalities, or having a child pass away suddenly. These sorts of experiences are confronting, heartbreaking and debilitating on physical and emotional levels, and ones you wouldn't wish upon anyone. It always seems to me the most beautiful, thoughtful, genuine people become victims to these heart-wrenching traumas.

So, is our life's journey mapped out before we are born into the physical? Do we really have much control over our lives? I have often read and heard from spiritualists over many years, together with our spirit guides, we discuss and implement a plan (a blue-print as such), where our desired life lessons we wish to experience for ourselves here on earth, are established before we arrive. This includes the people, who play a part within our lives, hence also simultaneously fulfilling their personal lessons.

As the Spirit world (our home) is apparently an environment of pure love, it would seem from a spiritual stance, deciding on our life lessons would be easy while 'sitting on a cloud, feeling blissful' (I don't mean to be facetious, just an exaggerated example). We would believe, as we can view the whole picture of our intended physicality from this stance, we would breeze through our personal challenges in the physical, knowing the outcome, which awaits us consists of insightful teachings and our soul returning home, as our shell is given back to the physical earth (school).

However, I would imagine, as it's (again apparently) only the physical that grants us the pleasure (and pain) of feeling emotions, assuming our intended lessons will be uncomplicated from a place of pure love, may give us quite a shock as we are actually confronted with our lessons while in our bodies, having limited, if any, memory of our home. Maybe this is why souls subconsciously sometimes decide it's just too overwhelming and opt out to return home. If emotions weren't in the picture, life would be black and white and difficulties much easier to bear…...but would prove to be a cold and heartless existence.

Maybe our lessons and how they are executed throughout our lives, are cemented within our 'blue print', and free-will comes into it by challenging us to react positively to our given circumstances. I mean, by focussing on attempting to stay grounded as best we can and to push through the pain, accepting and seeing the glass half full, causing us to successfully learn the insight, thus aiding us to move forward – until the next hurricane from left field presents itself for us to conquer!

An example of this might be a heart broken woman, who has allowed herself to spiral into a deep, dark hole of depression, due to her husband's betrayal. She's experienced all the various emotions and has become shackled to anger, hate and resentment, blocking herself from moving forward and possibly meeting a new, wonderful man. She may begin to self medicate, igniting an addiction. She may become physically ill, due to holding on to the negative, damaging emotions.

Ultimately this woman's lesson is to work through, learn from and overcome a situation of betrayal. Choosing to take the difficult (much longer) road or the more grounded route is entirely up to her, as both could ultimately lead to the same outcome – eventually (unless she becomes extremely ill, overdoses or loses her life, in extreme cases). Please forgive me for being so blunt, and of course staying grounded during heart-breaking happenings is absolutely gut-wrenchingly challenging. I've been there too...

So, maybe we really don't have any control over our significance such as, the color of our skin, where we reside, who we marry, which occupation we are destined for, how many children we bear, which day, month, year, time we pass over to return home and how this will occur, or suddenly losing a loved one etc., and all the subtle and sledge-hammer style challenges along the way. Maybe our journey is already preordained - by us.

I always worry over my animals on the farm. Once snake season commences, I carry a constant anxiety, always fearful of (what hasn't even happened) a pet succumbing to a snake bite. It's awful and I consciously realise how detrimental this is to my health and well-being, but I am unable to shake it off, no matter how much effort I put in! However, if I believe the above to be true, it is already written how my animals will eventually depart this earth! They live their journeys too! Should I accept, let go and trust all is happening as it should? I have no control, so what's the point of wasting time and energy over the inevitable?

Maybe we worry for no reason because what will be, will be…. Should we just go with the flow, focussing on being the best we can be at any given moment, 'knowing' all is well, and will always be well, no matter what happens? These are curious thoughts I ponder over often, which completely intrigue me....


Good news. I have just heard beautiful Judy has withstood her operation well and the doctors are extremely pleased with her : )

Again, did I even need to worry? …….. 

 

2 comments:

  1. That was so so touching..
    Wonderful news๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’š✌๐ŸŒนXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was so so touching..
    Wonderful news๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’š✌๐ŸŒนXO

    ReplyDelete