Tuesday 7 June 2016

My Joy Of Giving...

I love giving – in all sorts of contexts! However, I feel such joy in the whole process of giving presents, that I have mindfully and specifically chosen for beautiful souls. It makes my heart sing seeing the delight on their faces, regardless of who they are.

I'm not just talking about birthday gifts, or wedding or house warming presents etc. I especially love surprising people with unexpected gifts, such as sending my lovely friend an appropriate healing crystal, as she bravely faces her cancer treatment, or leaving a little bottle of eucalyptus oil with a thoughtful card on a friend's door step, who has been nursing a severe head/chest cold.

I also adore giving precious books, personally and intuitively selected, knowing the receiver will find appropriate, healing words offering comfort, hope and insight during a significant challenging time. However sometimes, it's just a spontaneous, beautiful card sent in the mail with often a little affirmation quote, or a packet of happy sunflower seeds (or other lovely flowers) placed inside, reminding them they are not alone, or how much they have achieved and to take some time out to acknowledge and celebrate their efforts.

There are many more examples I could write here, but I'm sure you get my drift.
I was thinking this week, I haven't sent anyone a surprise for a little while and the more I excitedly pondered over whom and what I could send, the more joy I felt.

So, I decided I would commit myself to sending a little unexpected gift to someone once a month, not only to bring them a happy moment, but to also fulfil my heart. In fact, I will send it anonymously! I will sign the card with something along the lines of, ' From a caring friend, who thinks the world of you'. Then I further thought, why not suggest to the receiver, he or she does the same! Send a little anonymous present to someone they feel will delight in and appreciate the surprise. Yes, that's what I will do! Now I just need to go inside myself and ask who would benefit the most at this particular time.


After all, it's the simple, little things in life that are the most meaningful..... : )
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment