Tuesday 15 December 2015

A Great New Year's Eve Idea!

With Christmas on our door step, another year edges to a close. How can this be? It feels like we only celebrated the festive season not long ago, and why is it the older I turn, each year seems to pass more quickly? I do know the busier I am, the quicker time flies by. However, the more occupied I am, the more eventful my life is through meeting people in the right place at the right time, or experiences coming forth from left field to challenge, inspire or to fill my life with joy. Something's always bubbling under the surface, even if I can't yet see it. So much diverseness seems to continuously present itself that, after the initial delight (or challenge), I usually place it to the back of my mind as a new experience takes the limelight, and validated events fade into the past.

During my travels this week, I met an inspiring woman who shared with me a brilliant idea!
Every time something wonderful happens to her throughout the year, she documents the experience on a small piece of paper and places it into a jar. These little notes accumulate throughout the months and on every New Year's Eve, she tips the contents of the jar out onto a table and spends the evening with good friends, delicious food and beverages, while reading each little, randomly picked note.

It's not until she reads all the wonderful blessings life showered her with during the year, that she truly reflects, ponders over, is grateful for and can appreciate how fortunate she is. This way the year also ends on a positive, content and happy note, and leaves her readily motivated to commence the new year with a spring in her step, excited about what the future holds.

I love this idea! Not only does it give you the satisfaction of celebrating the goals you have achieved, but it also reminds you of how blessed your life is and how far you have come, how much you have grown. So, instead of feeling like another year has flown by in a blink of an eye, you are reminded of how productive the amazing year has been, as it's there right in front of you in black and white. With anticipation, I'm definitely going to put this into practice in 2016.
 
 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment