Friday 22 July 2016

Animal Intuition...

Do You feel your beloved pet animals understand you? Do they ever suddenly sit up startled and stare into thin air? Are they able to sense when a spirit visits? I believe they can…..

We have two precious feline fluff balls in our family, among other pet animals that live outside on our farm. I guess, as having children of our own proved to be impossible, these beautiful creatures take their place, and although this may sound completely absurd to parents across the world, I couldn't imagine loving my children any more than I do my four legged kids.

Ginge is our seventeen month old (obviously) ginger, male cat, who has grown into a huge teddy-bear-like, happy, gentle giant with a beautiful laid back nature. He thrives on affection and has a healthy appetite – often! He is also our number one pest control officer, quick to catch mice when in the mood.

Bluebell is a petite, beautiful, flecky grey and white, female cat, nearly ten months old. Sometimes depending on how she moves, it almost looks like she has the shape of a grey heart imprinted on her torso. After a dramatic start in life of being dumped at four weeks old and my husband discovering her with her tiny, bloody face, she seems to have forgotten her awful past. She is thriving, completely cheeky, mischievous and playful – much to Ginge's disgust, who just wants to be left alone. Bell is infatuated with Ginge's long, thick, tail and pounces on it at any given opportunity. That worries me for when snake season commences in a few months…

Both often continue to act out their disagreeing moments and it's been a long, on-going challenge to bring them together toward amicability. We didn't plan to adopt more than one cat, however when Bell came into our lives needing love and care, there was no question that we would help her. We love them both to bits.

I seem to have a unique communication line with both Ginge and Bluebell. I am able to read their facial expressions and body language, as I'm sure they can read mine. Both respond to my voice and seem to be able to look straight through me. Telepathically, there is also a connection, which I've witnessed often.

During the initially months, when Ginge and Bell were constantly trying to eat each other (yes, Bell too, even though she was less than a quarter of Ginge's size), I would silently talk to them individually and attempt to explain the situation. Ginge would look up attentively, sit quietly with his ears pointed my way. When I finished by asking him to please be patient, as Bell is only a playful juvenile, he would walk off, away from her, in a disgruntled fashion. However, when I telepathically spoke to Bell, she seemed completely oblivious to anything I said and would suddenly jump up and run away, playing with an imaginary, flying obstacle within her reach.

These days, now that Bell is a little older, she seems to hear me. For a while she would sleep next to my waist on top of our doona each night. I loved having her beside me (although it was a little uncomfortable) and would stroke her gently until both of us drifted off to sleep. However, from one day to the next, she decided to sleep in her own little bed, that I had initially purchased many months ago, on the bedroom floor.

After a week or so, I telepathically pleaded with her to return to our bed as I missed her terribly. That night she was back, much to my delight, and has continued to sleep with us ever since. Ginge rests at our feet and never needs any prompting to do so. I've suggested to my husband we may need to buy a larger bed!

Often, Bluebell will suddenly stop in her tracks and sit very quietly on edge, staring across the room with huge, marble-like eyes. I will look to see what has caught her undivided attention, however there is never anything out of the norm to be seen. No matter what I say or do, I cannot distract or coax her to unfix her gaze. Sometimes her stare will follow an invisible force across the room, while her body language sways between angst and curiosity. This continues on for a few minutes, and then as if nothing happened, she's back to her usual self!

I believe Bell is observing a spirit, who has popped in, such as our beautiful, previous cat, whom we needed to have euthanased just over two years ago. I have no doubt Oscar is still around, amused by the fiery relationship between these two egos, and feeling grateful he was an 'only child'. This occurrence no longer seems to happen with Ginge. Possibly, being now older, he's used to the spirit traffic and it has ceased to affect him the way it does Bell.

Who knows what's really going on, however one thing I am certain of and that is animals are completely intuitive and we can learn so much from them if we take the time to stop and read the play. I couldn't imagine my life without my precious furry children, big, small and in between….Many have passed over into the spirit world over the years, however I'm sure I still feel them often and I'm so grateful I do. I pray that this never changes :)


No comments:

Post a Comment