Thursday 12 November 2015

CAM ABOOD – A True Gentleman...


Sometimes in life you meet extraordinary people along your journey. Sometimes by chance, sometimes only fleetingly, however they leave a significant, lasting impression upon your heart, and just seem too good for this world.....This was the case with Cam Abood, 1943 – 2015.

 

I could not believe what I was reading! I was casually scrolling through Face Book two weeks ago, when I came across a post from The Bass Coast Police in South Gippsland. 
 
With fitting words, they were respectfully honoring their Justice of the Peace, who had passed away after a short illness. To my complete, overwhelming shock, I realised this wonderful man was my marriage celebrant and had joined my husband and I in matrimony in 2012 on a beautiful summer's evening at Venus Bay beach, Victoria. I remember Cam saying during his many years as a celebrant, it was the largest wedding crowd he had ever spoken in front of – and he managed it beautifully. 

I really know very little about this inspiring man, except that he was one of the most gentle, genuine, lovely souls I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. Through his approachable, thoughtful, kind, professional manner, my husband and I were made to feel like our wedding ceremony was the most special and important Cam had ever performed, as would have been the case with all his many happy customers! 

It was such a pleasure meeting this unique man and I will continue to cherish Cam's memory, not only because he lovingly played a significant role on our wedding day, but because it's not often you meet people like Cam in life. A true gentleman, who sadly passed away too soon, yet has left behind a wonderful legacy. I know for certain this man will not be forgotten in a hurry.


May the Angels hold Cam in their arms now and always....

1 comment: