Tuesday 11 June 2019

Chocolate, My Happy Place


Just the mention of the endearing word 'chocolate' sneaks an impulsive grin to my face as I happily reminisce of the many wonderful moments this sweet gold and I have shared over my lifetime.

Not only have all sorts of delicious variations of chocolate added to the joy of my birthdays, Christmases, Easters and other significant celebrations over many years, but it has been my truest, most trustworthy companion and continues to be so.

I adore chocolate of any description. It's comforted me through confusing and difficult challenges. It's assisted greatly with decision making processes, and it's proven to be a nice, little reward at the end of a hard-working day, providing a few moments of pleasurable 'me time'.

This divine, melting sweetness offers immediate energy when afternoon slumps arrive and it somehow makes movies so much more enjoyable to watch, while slouched on the couch in the evenings as productive days draw to a close. The most amazing surprise is when I find hidden chocolate in my home I don't remember stashing. That block tastes extra good!

My body instantly recognises the familiar, sugary, heavenly sensations through aroma, texture and taste, as the chocolate melts and slowly seeps soothingly into my body, meandering through my entire being to gift me with instant joyful, warm gratification – emotional and physical bliss!

Yes, it's fair to say, chocolate of any kind has always and will always make my world a beautiful place ...


No comments:

Post a Comment