Saturday 1 July 2017

Jocose Island...

Once again, I am prompted to participate in a short meditation guided by the lovely Leanda Michelle.

Feeling somewhat defeated, depleted, heavyhearted, due to recent events, I didn't sink into the relaxation as easily as usual, however once the guided meditation commenced, I was fully there…



I instantly find myself standing on a beautiful island, close to a gently-rolling, brilliant-blue water's edge. It's a most glorious, warm, clear, sunny afternoon and I welcome the massaging sand underneath my feet. A ceremony seems to be happening. The air is filled with the waft of delicious cuisine, which I now see is a colorful, elaborate banquet.

I sense this is a celebration of sorts, although for which occasion, I'm not sure. After a while, I realise this is a regular normality for this beautiful Polynesian tribe. They all seem so happy and humble and are celebrating their gratitude for life.

The atmosphere is uplifting and light and I can't help smiling. There is music being played with guitars and drums, while in unison, angelic, male voices echo across the beach. People are dancing and laughing and having a wonderful time. They're wearing grass skirts, flowers and shell chains around their necks; the women in their hair. There are vibrant colors everywhere I look. It's absolutely mesmerising to witness.

The adults portray themselves as unguarded, warm and approachable. They are not surprised by my presence, and don't actually take too much notice of me observing the scene. The fifteen or so inquisitive children however, are in complete awe, and rush over to play with my hands, touch my skin, my hair and my light, white, summer dress I find myself wearing. 'Gosh, imagine if I was blonde and fair-skinned! How would they react then?', I amusingly wonder.

There is delightful movement everywhere. Women are talking and laughing among themselves, as they creatively tend to their banquet. Some men are presently in the process of constructing a fire in preparation for the incoming, cooler, evening air. The musicians are chanting to the dancers, who are happily aligned with the melodic beat. Once their curiosity has been satisfied, the children too disperse in all directions, playing and laughing as they go. Each soul seems oblivious to any worries and completely absorbed in the jocose activities taking place, as the sun slowly begins to descend to the rhythmic sound of gentle waves breaking on the foreshore… and I am prompted to remember not to take life or myself too seriously. 
 

I awaken from my meditative state feeling lighter in my gut area. The knot has untangled and I am thankful for, yet another, appropriate reminder.






1 comment:

  1. Love the visual here Camilla... being worshiped as a Goddess... vibrant colours... the Polynesian Tribe! Best of all what was the messages you received from your experience. I am truly happy for you. Happy writing! I look forward to reading more :D xo

    ReplyDelete